We assist our clients in creating unique and innovative solutions to meet their particular needs.
We will bring understanding and empathy to the process, both for all you are going through, but equally important, for what your children are going through.We are dedicated to helping couples heal conflicts and focus on their future.
For couples with children we help accomplish this goal by facilitating child-centered solutions. We support all our clients to stay future focused and make informed decisions regarding their family.
We live our lives, both professional and personal, with optimism, compassion and integrity. Our vision is to empower our clients to have ownership in the decisions they make for their families now and in the future.
We are dedicated professionals who ensure our clients feel their concerns will be heard as well as respected during the mediation process. By using some past experiences, innovation and a sense of humor we will ensure the mediation process is productive.
Our practice gives families a new set of skills to empower and strengthen them to better cope with future challenges.
Shannon is the CEO and Founder of Pacific Coast Mediation and Pacific Coast Advocates (Pacific Coast Partnership, Inc.). Shannon is a proud mother of 3! Her two sons' are in college and her daughter is in law school. She has a passion for helping couples find the best solutions for their particular needs as peaceful as possible. Shannon is also a Nationally Certified Mediator Trainer (NCMT).
Being optimistic is an important trait in helping couples see individual future goals instead of focusing on the past tribulations. Shannon's open adoption work with helping both birth and adoptive parents sit down and create a plan on how they will communicate with each other post-adoption derives from her own experience of having a supportive and nurturing relationship with her sons' birth family. Her two sons were adopted and her daughter is biological. Shannon has worked with children and families with special needs since she received her teaching credential in the area of Special Education in 1992 in the state of New York. She has worked in the capacity of a special education teacher, administrator, and special education advocate.
• Syracuse University: B.S. Degree in Special Education, endorsement in mild/moderate and moderate/severe disabilities
• Pepperdine University School of Law: Training in Systematic Approach to Mediation Strategies
• National Conflict Resolution Center: Training in Art and Practice of Mediation, Introduction Course
• National Conflict Resolution Center: Training in Advanced Mediation Skills
• Mosten Mediation Training: Training in Divorce and Family Mediation
• American Institute of Mediation: Mediation Skills Training
• San Diego Small Claims Court: Mediator
• University of San Diego: Certificate of Special Education Law and Advocacy
• Nationally Certified Mediator Trainer (NCMT)
• American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution 15th Annual Spring Conference in Chicago: Presented on facilitating Open Adoption Communication Plans.
• The Adoption Experience event: Presented on facilitating Open Adoption Communication Plans and was a panel member to speak as an adoptive mother.
• San Diego Hospice Center: Presented on Special Education rights and advocacy to care takers, social workers and support staff for children that are receiving hospice in last stages of life and are attending public schools.
• The Muslim Community Services of San Diego: Presented on different types of school options in state of CA, Special Education process and Parental rights in regards to Special Education.
• Chula Vista Asperger's and HFA Parent Group: Presented on learning how mediation skills/techniques can help provide supportive sound solutions for parents of children with disabilities.
• The Adoption Experience event: Presented on facilitating Open Adoption Communication Plans and also was on the panel speaking as an adoptive mother.
• Utah Council of Conflict Resolution: "Get Creative and BE the Solution" The key to helping mediators find their calling is to find novel ways to apply their skills to their passions. Presented case studies to demonstrate how I use mediation skills in open adoption and special education work and explored how these skills apply in other niches.
• The Ninth Annual ADR Academy: "The Changing Face of Mediation" Presented use of mediation skill set in the area of special education and adoption.
COPAA (Council of Parent , Attorneys and Advocates)
DaLaura graduated with a BA in Psychology from the University of Calgary in 1991 and her law degree from the University of Alberta in 1993. DaLaura also is a Nationally Certified Mediator Trainer. Through her many years of experience working with people in a variety of settings, she developed a fundamental belief in the value of mediation as both a means of conflict resolution and as a valuable tool for effective negotiations.
She was called to the Bar in Alberta, Canada in 1994 and the Bar in British Columbia, Canada in 1998. She started her legal career with the prestigious National law firm Blake Cassels & Graydon as an Associate in the Corporate Law Department. She went on to serve as in- house legal counsel for many different companies, including Pembina Corporation, Canadian Airlines and Agrifoods International at which she participated in international negotiations, mergers and acquisitions and mediated issues arising out of joint venture/corporate relationships.
Upon moving to California, DaLaura transitioned her training and experience in Psychology and Law to dedicate her practice solely as a peacemaker rather than become a licensed attorney in the State of California. She wanted to cultivate her fundamental belief and commitment to resolution through mediation and joined Pacific Coast Mediation as a non attorney mediator.
• University of Calgary, BA Psychology
• University of Alberta, LLB (law degree)
• Called to the Bar in Alberta, Canada 1994
• Called to the Bar In British Columbia 1998
• CLE Basic Mediation Training Certification with Dr. Clare Fowler
• Peace Talks: Basic Family Mediation
• Mosten Mediation Training: Training in Divorce and Family Mediation
• Nationally Certified Mediator Trainer (NCMT)
Academy of Professional Family Mediators
• Entrepreneurial Endeavors
• Former Board member of the Alberta Special Olympics & The International Dyslexia Association- San Diego Branch
DaLaura specializes in mediation Divorce and Estate Matters. DaLaura is the Chief Operating Officer at Pacific Coast Mediation
Susan has over 27 years of experience, having practiced family law and mediation in Connecticut then moving to California where she now offers her service to help resolve issues in mediation.
• More than 26 years of Family Law practice with over 20 years of litigation and collaborative experience and more than 5 years of mediation experience.
• Basic and Advanced Mediation training through the American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution and Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution.
• Online Dispute Resolution Specialist with significant experience in conducting mediations, as well as providing legal advice and coaching, in an online forum.
• Court Appointed Special Master for Family Law matters and Court Certified as Guardian ad Litem and Attorney for the Minor Children.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
BA Degree - English, 1987
Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, MI
Juris Doctorate, 1990
American Bar Association – Family Law Division, Division of Dispute Resolution
San Diego County Bar Association – Family Law Section, ADR Section
San Diego Family Law Association – Member
Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Member
Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce - Member
Connecticut Bar Association – Family Law Committee, ADR Committee
Fairfield County Bar Association – Women in Law (Former Committee Chair), Family Law Committee, ADR Committee
Split Corner – “How to Find the Best Divorce Lawyer: 15 Experts Share Their Opinion” - 2016
Susan works as an Independent Contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation on divorce cases. Susan is a licensed attorney in Connecticut only at this time.
Angelica has worked in an administrative position for several years as well as a dance instructor. She enjoys spending time with her family, teaching dance and volunteering.
Certificates and training:
First Aid/ CPR Certified –
Orange County Department of Education, Bully Proof Training
Orange County Department of Education, Kids Math and Science Training
Orange County Department of Education, Sensational Science Fun Training
Orange County Department of Education, The Total Toolbox
Cerritos College- 2006 – 2008
End Bullying Now Campaign:
• Curriculum development
NAAFA, Human rights organization promoting acceptance and equality:
• President of the Orange County Chapter
• Fundraising for campaign
MECDA, Middle Eastern Culture and Dance Association:
KABOOM, a national non-profit dedicated to saving play for America's children:
• Built Playgrounds
• First Aid Station
Stop the Pain Summits, teen Summit on Dating Violence & Bully Prevention:
• Panel Speaker
Angelica is Bilingual: English and Spanish
Kevin's mission statement is "To provide excellent representation for clients with compassion, integrity and respect. To serve the greater San Diego community through a commitment to charitable participation and giving."
After obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of San Diego, Kevin received his Juris Doctorate degree from Pepperdine University School of Law. As an active member of the legal and local community, attorney Kevin T. Kellar is an active member of:
The State Bar Association of California
The San Diego County Bar Association
The Tom Homman Law Association
The Greater San Diego Business Association
Kevin's law practice website is: www.kellarlawgroup.com. Committed to giving back to the LGBT community, Kevin participates in the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer’s Program HIV/AIDS Clinic and donates three percent of the Kellar Law group’s annual profits to charitable organizations supporting the San Diego LGBT community.
Kevin currently works as an Independent Contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation. Kevin specializes in Divorce Mediations.
Prior to becoming a CFP and CDFA, Jenny practiced estate planning, trust administration, and probate law as a senior associate attorney. Due to her legal education and practice she views financial planning from a legal paradigm, which greatly shapes her guidance on the financial issues routinely faced by her clients. Jenny continues to be highly involved with the legal community in San Diego; Providing continuing legal education courses for attorneys on the complex financial issues related to legal transactions and trial preparation and litigation consulting services as an expert witness to attorneys and their clients on complex Family Law matters.
Utilizing her legal knowledge and experience in conjunction with her Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ designation, she assists clients on financial matters related to divorce. This includes: formulating settlement proposals, analyzing settlement offers, and structuring counter offers; She works with divorcing clients to strategize division of property and its related tax, cash flow, and other financial aspects to obtain successful post-divorce outcomes. As a financial expert at Pacific Coast Mediation, she applies these strategies to help divorcing couples in mediation with the complexities of asset division including spousal support settlement options.
Local involvement is an important component of Jenny’s life. She is involved with the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society of San Diego, where she utilizes her professional training to provide financial casework services for both active duty and retired military. Through that organization she also provides educational training and seminars designed to help service members understand and implement successful financial strategies specific to their situation.
Jenny lives in Poway, California and can be found enjoying the sunshine and local community with her family.
Jenny is an Independent Contractor with Pacific Coast Mediation and her business website can be seen at: www.guidemyfinances.com
As a Family Law Specialist, Frann sat for a second bar exam that focused solely family law and is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Frann practices exclusively in the area of family law, dealing in complex custody, support and property matters related to dissolution. Frann believes family law attorneys have an obligation to preserve relationships and conserve the client’s assets.
In her experience, Frann finds that using mediation, negotiation and collaborative techniques before resorting to litigation often achieves these goals. Originally from New York City, Frann graduated from the State University of New York at Binghamton and earned a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from New York University’s Stern Graduate School of Business in 1990. She was accepted into California Western School of Law on partial scholarship and graduated in the top 25% of her class.
Frann is a member of the California State Bar, the San Diego County Bar Association and the San Diego Family Law Bar Association. She is an active member of Lawyers Club, currently serving as Chairperson of the Scholarship and Law School Committee. When she is not working she spends time with family and friends and is an avid world traveler.
Frann currently serves as an independent contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation. Frann specializes in Divorce Mediations.
Laurie is a financial advisor and wealth manager at Coastwise Capital Group, an award-winning boutique money management firm in La Jolla, California, where she serves clients throughout the country. Through her separate company, The Options Lady, she serves as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) and provides analysis of the financial and tax impacts of proposed settlement options being considered by divorcing couples.
Laurie is often quoted in the press and regularly appears as a personal finance and investment expert on television and radio. Her book, Every Woman Should Know Her Options: Invest Your Way to Financial Empowerment, became an Amazon best-seller in three categories. She has a talent for communicating arcane economic and investing subjects in language that everyone can understand and has a passion for educating and empowering women to become successful investors. Laurie volunteers as a pro-bono financial planner for the San Diego Financial Literacy Center and as a mentor to women launching new businesses through Hera Labs' Business Accelerator.
She specializes in:
*divorce financial analysis and planning
Laurie received a B.S. in economics with a concentration in finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. An avid squash player and yoga enthusiast, Laurie lives in San Diego with her husband Dan, stepdaughter Rachel, and cat Fairy.
Laurie works as an Independent Contractor for PCM. Her business website is: www.theoptionslady.com
Alair is a licensed marriage and family therapist working with couples and families in her private practice. Her mission is to come alongside parents and partners, kids and adults – to sit with them and hear their pain, create a safe place for restoration to unfold, and to help them find wholeness in all areas of life.
Alair has advanced, specialized training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), a powerful attachment-based model of therapy that helps couples and families identify negative patterns that keep them stuck and disconnected, and then create new patterns based on emotional connection and security.
Alair is also in the process of becoming a Registered Play Therapist because of her love of working with children and using play as an effective tool to understanding their lives. Alair has worked with children and families since 2009 and finds this to be the most rewarding part of her work.
• Play Therapy Certificate (in progress), UCSD Extension
• Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Certification (in progress)
• Master of Arts in Marital and Family Therapy, Bethel Seminary San Diego
• Certified PREPARE-ENRICH Instructor
• Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, Westmont College
• Treatment Coordinator, Alvarado Parkway Institute Outpatient Services
• Counselor, Point Loma Nazarene University
• Counselor, San Diego Hospice & The Institute for Palliative Medicine
• Intern Chaplain, San Francisco General Hospital
Alair is an Independent Contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation for divorce
A financial veteran, beginning her career in finance in 2003, Jackie advises clients in areas of financial planning including personal financial planning, asset management, retirement accumulation and distribution planning, inheritance and gift planning, and risk management. Jackie also works with individuals, family law attorneys and mediators on financial matters relating to divorce.
After receiving her Master’s degree in Finance and Tax Planning, Jackie began teaching Financial Planning and Managerial Finance as a college professor in San Diego. Today she utilizes her fundamental tax knowledge and teaching experience to assist her clients with structuring their financial plan in the most tax-advantageous way.
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst ™ , Certified Financial Planner™ and President of Guide My Finances, Jackie works with individuals, family law attorneys, and mediators on financial matters related to divorce. This includes structuring financial settlements, analyzing and recommending division of property, and counseling clients regarding financial issues post-divorce.
Jackie lives in Carlsbad, CA with her husband Josh and daughters Sophia and Rachel.
Jackie currently serves as an independent contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation.
Jackie’s website: www.guidemyfinances.com
Jessica Grynberg holds a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Anthropology from Boston University and a Juris Doctor from Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in New York City. Ms. Grynberg attended law school on a full-tuition merit scholarship. She graduated law school with concentrations in both Litigation and Family Law.
While at Cardozo, Jessica also obtained a certificate in Dispute Resolution and in May 2013, she completed a mediation training at Harvard Law School.
Jessica discovered her passion for family law her second year of law school when she participated in a divorce mediation clinic at the New York Supreme Court in Manhattan. As a mediator, Jessica was able to help divorcing couples reach successful Separation Agreements. Early on she was able to appreciate the benefits inherent to mediation. Jessica is committed to educating people about the benefits of non-litigious resolution processes. Jessica recently co-authored an article on the benefits of joint-session mediation, published online. You can read the article by following this link: http://www.mediate.com/articles/MakoffJ1.cfm
Jessica also volunteers as a pro bono attorney at the Family Justice Center – Legal Network representing victims of domestic violence, helping them obtain permanent restraining orders.
Jessica currently serves as an independent contractor for Pacific Coast Mediation. Jessica specializes in Divorce Mediations.